Most Anticipated Book Releases - February 2018 Edition! {Part 1}

Hello guys and welcome to the first part of February's most anticipated book releases! There are so many wonderful books coming out during next month so, three posts are needed in order to fit as many of them as possible! Make sure to let me know in the comments which books you're most excited for because I've probably missed some!

I'm feeling extremely overwhelmed while putting these posts together, by the way! There are just so many books coming out, not only during February but, throughout the whole year that, I'm just torn over which ones to actually read and which ones to leave behind. Reading all of them is realistically impossible but, a person can definitely dream about reading every single book that comes out, right? Hopefully, I'll be able to get through at least some of these!

*Heart of Iron By Ashley Poston
Publication Date: February 27th
Genres: Young Adult, Science Fiction

I seriously cannot remember the last time I read a Sci-Fi book, not even kidding. I've been seeing this around the blog-o-sphere a lot lately so, fingers crossed I'll actually be able to read it! It sounds so interesting and you should definitely read its synopsis!

*Honor Among Thieves {The Honors #1} By Rachel Caine
Publication Date: February 13th
Genres: Young Adult, Science Fiction

Another Sci-Fi novel I'm extremely excited for! I have read Rachel Caine's Morganville Vampires Series and even though I never got around to finishing it , I remember immensely enjoying it! That was a Paranormal series so, I'm really intrigued by the obvious change in Genre and cannot wait to see how the author handles it! I'm pretty sure she has another Sci-Fi series but, I've personally only read her Paranormal one so, looking forward to being mind blown by this. It truly sounds amazing!

*Ink, Iron and Glass {Ink, Iron and Glass #1} By Gwendolyn Clare
Publication Date: February 20th
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Historical Fiction

I'm in love with both the cover and the synopsis of this book! Plus, that title is more than fascinating and has to do with the plot itself! It's about a girl named Elsa, who lives in an alternative 19th century Italy! When her mother is abducted, she will do anything in order to find her! Even enter a secret society of gifted mechanics, who will become her allies and help her uncover the truth! This is a debut novel and I'd give anything to get my hands on it right now!

*Shatter {Glitter #2} By Aprilynne Pike
Publication Date: February 13th
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

This is at the top of my list of series I desperately want to start this year so, I thought I would include the sequel since it's coming out within February! I did try to read Wings by Aprilynne Pike but, since Faeries aren't really my thing, I never continued on with it. But, I enjoyed her writing style and I'm a sucked for Fantasy novels so, this one's right up my alley!
*The Serpent's Secret {Kiranmala and the Kingdom Beyond #1} By Sayantani DasGupta
Publication Date: February 27th
Genres: Middle Grade, Mythology

First of all, can we appreciate the beauty of the cover and everything it promises to us wonderful readers? Second of all, it's been ages since the last time I read a book based on Mythology and this one's giving my Rick Riordan vibes for some weird reason! From what I can understand, it's actually based on an Indian Folklore/Myth and it sounds phenomenal!

*The Toymakers By Robert Dinsdale
Publication Date: February 8th
Genres: Middle Grade, Historical Fiction

This one sounds so magical and dreamy that, just by reading its synopsis, I really want to turn into a child again and jump into its pages! For years, Papa Jack's Toy Emporium has made children's dreams come true by creating and selling wonderful, almost magical toys! A homeless and vulnerable young girl joins the Emporium family and discovers how magnificent it truly is!

*The Prince and the Dressmaker By Jen Wang
Publication Date: February 13th
Genres: Young Adult, Graphic Novel

I fell in love with the synopsis of this one and how truly unique it sounds! A teenage prince who enjoys cross dressing and takes the streets of Paris by storm at night, becomes a fashion icon in the world capital of fashion! The Dressmaker is only one of two people that know the truth and puts off her dreams in order to keep his secret. But, for how long?

*When Light Left Us By Leah Thomas
Publication Date: February 13th
Genres: Young Adult, Science Fiction

This one reminded me of Aliens In the Attic, which has nothing to do with its synopsis, by the way. But, it's about three children whose father leaves unexpectedly and they're visited by a shimmering figure who filled the void that their father left behind. An alien presence that also ended up leaving and taking away something from each of them in the process. Doesn't it sound like a movie you remember watching? That being said, I'd definitely watch a movie adaptation of this one!

*Blood Of A Thousand Stars {Empress Of A Thousand Skies #2} By Rhoda Belleza
Publication Date: February 20th
Genres: Young Adult, Science Fiction

I featured the first book in this series in a previous Most Anticipated Book Releases post and it's definitely one I'd like to start some time! Please let me know if you've read Empress Of A Thousand Skies and whether you enjoyed it or not. I haven't really seen it around and I'd immensely appreciate the opinion of someone who's already read it!

*Your One and Only By Adrianne Finlay
Publication Date: February 6th
Genres: Young Adult, Science Fiction, Dystopia

I featured this one in my last Top Ten Tuesday post and I would seriously do anything to have it in front of me right now! I haven't read a Dystopian novel in ages - even though this is also categorized as Sci-Fi, I feel like it leans more towards Dystopia - and I'd really like to start with this one! You really need to read its synopsis, if you haven't done so already. Believe me, you won't regret it!

 *How to Stop Time By Matt Haig
Publication Date: February 6th
Genres: Science Fiction

I'm typically not a fan of time travelling books and this isn't really at the top of my TBR list but, I'd really like to share it with you since it does sounds very interesting! The synopsis is too complicated for me to explain so, make sure to check out the synopsis on Goodreads!

*By A Charm and A Curse By Jaime Questell
Publication Date: February 6th
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

I'm not the hugest fan of books that have a circus setting which can be proven by how unlucky I've been with the ones that I actually have tried to read in the past but, truth be told, this one sounds extremely intriguing and I might be tempted to purchase it sooner that expected! It's about a girl who joins this circus held together by a curse but, ends up trapped and wants to find a way out. To regain her freedom, she has to find a way to break the curse and sacrifice its magic.

*Tess of the Road By Rachel Hartman
Publication Date: February 27th
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

Seraphina was such a hype back in the day and I remember everyone reading it so, when it came out in Greek - had no idea about the existence of online book retailers back then - I decided to give it a shot and finally be a part of the hype. News flash, I hated it! It's probably one of the worst and least enjoyable books I've ever read and it taught me to trust my own heart and what it wants me to read, not just follow in the footsteps of everyone else in the crowd! When I saw that, Rachel Hartman is coming out with another book about dragons I was a bit hesitant at first but, I definitely want to get my hands on it and hopefully, restore my faith in dragons and the author herself.I did end up trying to read it in English but, the writing style didn't agree with my reading tastes. No offense to those who enjoyed Seraphina, by the way!

*The part about reading it in Greek means that, I disliked it even more than I would've have if I had read it in English because translations are terrible, which is why I avoid reading translated books in general. I didn't know how to use the Internet back then, which is why I had to endure it! Just a side note!*

That was it for today's post guys! Make sure to stay tuned and follow Book Lady's Reviews, if you want to keep up and discover more new releases! Also, don't forget to let me know if you're interested in reading any of the books featured in Part 1 and come back next week for the second one!

Until the next post,

Comments

  1. I've been meaning to read Glitter by Aprilynne Pike ever since it came out, but I just haven't gotten around to it. I should pick it up soon so I can read Shatter once it comes out. I've read her wings series, and I absolutely loved it, so I hope I'll love these books as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!