Most Anticipated Book Releases - March 2018 Edition! {Part 1}

Hello guys and welcome to March's most anticipated book releases! I'm already feeling extremely overwhelmed by how many incredible books are coming out next month and I wish I had the ability to get my hands on every single one of them! Part 1 is all Contemporary and the next two parts will be posted throughout the month of February so, stay tuned and mark your calendars for the releases you're interested in! 

Make sure to let me know all about the releases you're most excited for and let me know whether you plan on picking up any of these!
*Not If I Save You First By Ally Carter
Publication Date: March 27th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary

I've read one of Ally Carter's novels in the past and remember really enjoying it so, when I saw that she was coming out with a new book, I was very intrigued! I haven't read anything by her in many years and this one sounds right up my alley! It seriously sounds so amazing and you have to read its synopsis to understand my desperation to get my hands on it as soon as possible! It seems like there's a bit of Mystery thrown in, which just makes me even more eager for it!

*The Poet X By Elizabeth Acevedo
Publication Date: March 6th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary

This sounds like a quite diverse read which I'm definitely all up for! It's the debut novel of slam poet Elizabeth Acevedo and follows the life of a girl in Harlem who discovers slam poetry as a way to express herself in an oppressing culture that's trying to silence her. But she can't stop thinking about her poems and is determined to be heard, in a world that may not want to hear her!

*More Than We Can Tell By Brigid Kemmerer
Publication Date: March 6th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance

If you've followed me for a while, you'll know that I absolutely loved Letters to the Lost and basically screamed when I saw that, the companion is coming out so soon! It says on Goodreads that, it can be read as a stand alone but, it's set in the same world as Letters to the Lost and follows Rev, who's Declan's best friend and has already been introduced in the previous novel. You probably don't have to read that one but, I'd highly recommend it! It's a wonderful book and I'm extremely pumped to finally have Rev's story so close, but so far away at the same time!

*The Astonishing Color of After By Emily X.R. Pan
Publication Date: March 20th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Magical Realism

I don't think I've read a Magical Realism book in quite some time, if ever. This one sounds extremely intriguing and - spoiler alert - I've already kind of pre-ordered it.Guilty as charged! You'll definitely be as fascinated as I was when I first read its synopsis so, please go ahead and do so!
*I Have Lost My Way By Gayle Forman
Publication Date: March 27th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary

Can you actually believe that, I've never read a Gayle Forman book? Neither can I! I was so close to picking up Every Day after watching the very interesting movie trailer that was just released so, I'll probably end up starting with that one. According to Goodreads, this is an emotionally cathartic story of losing love, finding love and discovering the person you are meant to be! I'm definitely all up for it!

*Not That I Could Tell By Jessica Strawser
Publication Date: March 27th
Genres: Fiction, Mystery

This is one of those fascinating small town mysteries, where one of the residents is found murdered and the community is torn up over it. A group of neighborhood women gather together one. By the next morning, one of them is gone and they can't figure out how or why. It sounds so suspenseful and mysterious, right?

*In Search of Us By Ava Dellaira
Publication Date: March 6th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary

I read Ava Dellaira's debut Love Letters to the Dead back in 2014 and absolutely loved it so, I was ecstatic when I saw that she was coming out with a new release! It's definitely at the very top of my wish list because I absolutely love the author's writing style! It follows the journey of Angie, whose father is African American and she sets out on a journey across New Mexico with her ex-boyfriend to find him. 

*In Sight of Stars By Gae Polisner
Publication Date: March 13th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary

This one has to do with Mental Illness and follows the life of a boy whose father dies, forcing him to leave everything he knew and loved behind, in order to go live with his mom in the suburbs. There, he's drawn to a wild and free spirited girl but, an act of betrayal sends his out of control and he's admitted to a psychiatric hospital!
*The Exact Opposite of Okay By Laura Steven
Publication Date: March 8th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary

I was so close to pre-ordering this one because it sounds like something I'd definitely enjoy but, I had to go for Restore Me. I just had to. Definitely picking it up as soon as it comes out though, because it sounds heartbreaking and beautiful and I'm all up for it! Go ahead and read the synopsis and you'll definitely understand my fascination with it!

*In Her Skin By Kim Savage
Publication Date: March 27th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Mystery

A con artist impersonating a missing girl and discovers hidden secrets that put her life in danger? Yes please! It sounds so much more interesting than I initially thought when I went through the lists of books coming out in March!

*Every Note Played By Lisa Genova
Publication Date: March 20th
Genres: Contemporary, Fiction

Lisa Genova is the author of Still Alice which I've had on my wish list for a very long time but, never got around to picking up. Every Note Played follows the lives of a concert pianist who suffers from ALS and his wife, who's trying to get over the past and focus on fulfilling the dreams she abandoned as a young woman. It sounds very heartbreaking and I'm definitely interested in picking it up to discover what happens in the end!

*And She Was By Jessica Verdi
Publication Date: March 27th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary

I actually need this book in my life right now! It's such an intriguing and diverse read, it sounds quite fascinating and I've definitely never read anything like it before! Dara discovers two strangers listed as her parents in her birth certificate and when she confronts her mother about it, she learns something very shocking! Read the synopsis if you want to find out more!
*Girls Burn Brighter By Shobha Rao
Publication Date: March 6th
Genres: Adult, Fiction

This is a heart wrenching debut novel that tackles some of the most important issues women face today. It alternates between the perspectives of two girls and is set in both India and America. The synopsis makes it sound very complex and heart breaking so, this is definitely a release you should mark your calendars for!

*I'll Be Your Blue Sky {Love Walked In #3} By Marisa de los Santos
Publication Date: March 6th
Genres: Adult, Chick Lit

Clare breaks off her engagement to her overly possessive fiance, when she has a conversation with an elderly woman named Edith, the weekend before her wedding. A couple of weeks later, she learns that Edith dies and leaves Clare with the Blue Sky House. While exploring the house, she discovers that Edith was no ordinary woman and her house in no ordinary place either. The book shifts between the 1950's and the present and is told in Edith and Clare's alternate perspectives! Quite intriguing, if you ask me!

*Blood Water Paint By Joy McCullough
Publication Date: March 6th
Genres: Young Adult, Historical Fiction

This is another debut novel, based on the true story of the iconic painter, Artemisia Gentileschi. Born in 16th century Italy, when women painters weren't accepted by the community and their work was looked down upon, she is considered one of the most accomplished artists and is regarded as one of the most progressive painters of her generation. I love art and I have studied Baroque in general but not her works in particular. I'm very intrigued by this book because during that era, her work must have been extremely underestimated and I'm very curious to see how the author chose to recite the story of such an important personality!

*Laura & Emma By Kate Greathead
Publication Date: March 13th
Genres: Contemporary, Fiction

Another quite interesting debut, about a mother who's raising her daughter among the upper crust of New York's society! It sounds like such a complex story that's full of meaning so, definitely check out its synopsis!

That was it for today's post guys! Hope you found this helpful and discovered new books that you'd be interested in reading! Make sure to let me know which release you're most excited for!

Until the next post,

Comments

  1. I haven't really heard of any of these books yet, but I'll have to check a couple of them out once they are released. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all sound extremely interesting! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!